Cold Pressed Groundnut oil is manufactured by the old traditional method by using wooden chekku (Marachekku in Tamil).
These Oils contain all the original nutrition and flavor.
Also called as Marachekku kadalai ennai.
It has highest smoking point, is its best suited for deep frying and cooking.
Why Cold Pressed Oil?
- When oils are heated, their molecular structure is compromised, creating carcinogenic free radicals. Oils that are heated, when ingested, can contribute to cardiovascular disease and difficulty of the blood to efficiently transport oxygen.
- Truly cold pressed oils will maintain their nutrient profile, their fats will remain uncorrupted, they taste amazing and they last long.
- It is free from cholesterol and contains lots of essential fatty acids like omega-6. So it is one of best oil suited for cooking.
- It has got ample amount of plant sterols which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- It has rich mono saturated fatty acids. This helps to reduce the LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase the HDL (good cholesterol)
- It has rich antioxidants. The helps to reduce the risk of cancel and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Groundnut oil has rich folates, which boosts the fertility.
- It has rich protein and sometimes referred as poor man’s protein.
- Consuming groundnut oil helps in hair growth and moisturizes the hair, as its rich in protein.
- It helps to control the blood glucose level.
Full benefits of the oil can be reaped only if we use cold pressed oil. In refined oils the natural properties will be lost due to bleaching and extracting of oil at high temperature.